The National Operations Center of Excellence (NOCoE) – a partnership of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, the Institute for Transportation Engineers, and ITS America, with support from the Federal Highway Administration – plans to share more Transportation Systems Management and Operations or TSMO knowledge via a brand new series of six webinars.
NOCoE said the webinars will cover a variety of topics including Traffic Incident Management emerging concepts such as using crowdsourcing to turn travelers into “real-time sensors” within the transportation system – giving state and local agencies access to low-cost yet high-quality data for their traffic operations.
Upcoming webinars include:
- Talking TIM Webinar Series: April 2020| April 22
- Tools for Evaluating Performance Data for TSMO Strategies| April 28
- Best Practices in Evaluating Performance Data for TSMO Strategies| May 5
- Workforce Webinar Series: HR Resources, Position Descriptions, and KSAs| May 7
- Mainstreaming Integrated Corridor Management (ICM)| May 19
- Talking TIM Webinar Series: May 2020| May 27
NOCoE is also producing a TSMO Workforce webinar series as part a larger campaign it kicked off in January. That webinar series will address the need to craft a skilled workforce capable of addressing the technological needs of future transportation systems.