AASHTO Co-Sponsoring One-Day EV Infrastructure Summiteditor@aashto.org September 17, 2021 0 COMMENTS
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the National Association of State Energy Officials along with other organizations is sponsoring a free one-day virtual summit regarding the installation of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure nationwide.
[Above photo by the Colorado DOT]
One of the five sessions within this virtual summit on September 22 – held from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Eastern Time – focuses on the role of state departments of transportation as “essential partners” with other state agencies in the successful deployment of EV infrastructure.
[Editor’s note: Shoshana Lew, executive director of the Colorado Department of Transportation, discussed the critical role state DOTs will play in the electrification of the nation’s transportation system in a recent episode of the Environmental Technical Assistance Program or ETAP Podcast.]
That cross-agency collaboration session discusses the “best practices” developed through the work of state energy offices and state DOTs that worked together to achieve statewide EV deployment goals. Participants in that session include:
- Christain Williss, senior director-transportation fuels and technology for the Colorado Energy Office
- Michael King, assistant director of electrification and energy for the Colorado DOT
- Alexa Voytek, energy programs administrator within the Office of Energy Programs within the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Brianna Benson, supervisor with the Air Quality Office at the Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Michael Breish, senior energy policy specialist-energy division for the Washington State Department of Commerce
- Tonia Buell, project development manager-innovative partnerships at the Washington State Department of Transportation
To register for this free one-day virtual event, click here