AASHTO Seeks 2023 President’s Awards Nominationseditor@aashto.org March 17, 2023 0 COMMENTS
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is seeking nominations for its 2023 President’s Transportation Awards program.
[Above: Montana DOT won the 2022 President’s Transportation Award for Research for its Trail Creek Structures Project. Photo by AASHTO.]
Those awards – which will be give out at the 2023 AASHTO Annual Meeting November 12-16 in Indianapolis – honor individuals or teams at state departments of transportation that have performed exemplary service during the year, furthering the transportation activities of member departments and the work that has made their communities better.
Nominations can be made by AASHTO member chief executive officers or by the chairs of AASHTO committees or councils.
The annual President’s Transportation Awards program covers seven broad categories:
- Administration and Organizational Excellence, which honors individuals and teams who have provided their state exemplary support in meeting its goals and/or fulfilling its mission.
- Environment and Planning, which honors individuals and teams who have had success in implementing a robust planning process within their agencies that is multimodal, multidisciplinary, innovative, and consensus-oriented while also promoting environmental stewardship.
- Safety, which recognizes individuals and teams who have dedicated themselves to improving transportation safety within their states or for the nation overall. As safety is a priority in every aspect of transportation (planning, project development, program management, operations, maintenance, administration, etc.), honorees can be advocates for safety excellence in any area.
- Research, which highlights the efforts of individuals and teams who have championed research for their state DOT and the transportation field overall. These individuals and teams have supported/contributed high-quality transportation research and innovation to improve the movement of people and goods.
- Equity, which honors individuals and teams that worked to advance principles of equity and produce and foster a culture that empowers individuals in underrepresented populations (age, gender, ethnicity, race, etc.) by intentionally expanding opportunities within a community or a state DOT.
- Partnerships, which recognizes individuals and teams who have engaged with other organizations and embraced the richness of other perspectives represented in the broader transportation community, all in the name of delivering a stronger and better transportation system.
- Mobility, which honors individuals and teams who have improved mobility for the communities they serve. Honorees focus on opening up transportation access and expanding mobility options within their states.
To submit a nomination for the 2023 President’s Transportation Awards, click here.