Who we are
Our website address is: https://aashtojournal.org.
AASHTO respects our users’ right to privacy online. We hold your detailed user informa tion in confidence.
1. Asking for your information: We will sometimes ask users’ for personal information such as your name, address, e-mail a ddress, occupation and other details. Providing us your information will help us offer improved products and services. When you choose to give personal information to us over the Internet that may request, we will endeavor to inform you how we will use the information.
When we ask for personal information for any reason, we will provide a link to this policy statement to make our intentions clear.
2. Personal Information Privacy: AASHTO will take appropriate steps to keep your personal information confidential. Those steps include limiting access to user information databases, communicating this policy statement to all AASHTO employees and contractors, and establishing and enforcing penalties for violating this statement.
When we contract with another company to market or advertise products or services for us, we will insist on binding agreements from those companies protecting our user information. We will vigorously enforce all privacy agreements we have with other companies.
We will communicate with users via e-mail or other online delivery devices only if the user agrees to receive those communications. Users, who believe they are receiving our communications in error or no longer desire to receive them, should inform us and we will remove those users’ names from our mailing lists.
3. Order Information Privacy and Credit Card Security: We currently use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to safeguard your information, including your credit card number, during online transactions. We believe SSL to be a very safe encryption method, but we are always looking for even more secure encryption methods to safeguard information sent online. Our server will run detection software to help ensure you are using a secure browser and your information is secure when you check out. If our browser determines you are not using a secure browser, a message will appear at checkout.
For your protection, never put your credit card number or other sensitive information in unencrypted e-mail. In the extremely unlikely event that we ever do suspect a user’s credit card number has been intercepted, we will immediately notify the user.
4. Cookies: AASHTO currently uses “cookies” on our site. Our cookies tag each visitor’s browser with a random, unique number. The cookie simply assigns a number and does not disclose any personal information about the person using the browser. These cookies are used to validate access to private areas on our site.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website atwww.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org .
6. Online Behavioral Advertising and How You Can Opt-Out: We may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize cookies and web beacons, and data collected on our services, to customize advertisements to you on our services, as well as on other websites or mobile applications in their networks beyond our services. Among other things, these customized advertisements may advertise our products and services and third party products and services on websites or mobile applications not affiliated with us. Some of these ads are online behavioral advertising – which serve advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information. Such ads may contain cookies that allow monitoring of websites and mobile applications (including our own services) and your response to such advertisements. Cookies or web beacons placed by these companies do not collect personal information, and the third-party advertising companies do not have access to or use your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other personal information; they may however, anonymously track your usage across our services and other websites or mobile applications in their networks. We limit companies that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
For more information about these third-party advertising companies’ privacy policies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org . If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt-out of network advertising programs that use your information. To do so, please visit: the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page.
7. Contact Us: if you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with AASHTO, please contact David Dubov-Flinn, Web Business Manager, at email@example.com.